Our vision for writing is that children leave KS1:
- being excellent communicators through writing legible sentences with good vocabulary, spelling and grammar and which are correctly punctuated;
- seeing themselves as good writers, understand what it means to be a good writer and with a knowledge of how they can get even better;
- having positive attitudes towards writing and write for pleasure;
- Being self-reflective and independent checking their writing where possible;
- Writing a range of text for a purpose and an audience that both inform and entertain and can communicate information, ideas, imagery and emotion.